Meet Helen Wheeler
Mrs. Helen Wheeler
Helping improve life for you, your family, and your loved ones.
Helping individuals move through life's difficulties: separation, divorce, step-family situations, educational problems, and mental health challenges.
- Masters of Education (with Distinction) in Clinical Counseling from The Citadel
TRAINING AND SKILLS
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (LPC/S) in South Carolina
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Nationally Certified as a Parent Coordinator (NCPC) by Professional Academy of Custody Evaluators (PACE)
- Trained in Collaborative Family Law as a Child Specialist and Divorce Coach
- Certified as Public School teacher in SC
- Recognized as a Clinical Diplomate by the American Mental Health Counselors Association in Family and Couples Counseling
- Qualified as an expert witness in the impact on children of high conflict separation, divorce, custody issues, test interpretation, child development, parenting education and co-parent counseling in conflicted divorce, separation, parental alienation, and custody litigation in the 1st, 8th, 9th, and 14th Judicial Circuits in South Carolina.
- Candidate for National Board of Forensic Evaluators as a Custody Evaluator
Extensive public school experience including:
- Sixteen years as a teacher of gifted and talented students in grades 1-9. Four years as the school's public relations representative which included writing for local newspapers and contacting local medial outlets.
- Two years as school district administrator: Gifted and Talented Testing and Identification Coordinator
- Four years as guidance counselor (Special duties included Counselor Resource for Gifted and Talented students and School Achievement Tteam Coordinator and Chair of School's Discipline Committee)
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Association of Mental Health Counselors of America
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (An international interdisciplinary organization specializing in working of behalf of children in Family Court Proceedings)
- SC Certified Mental Health Counselors, (SCMHCA) Executive Board.
- Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Honor Society,
- Named as a "Hero: Year of the Child, 2001" by Governor Jim Hodges; Recognized for creating "Most Innovative Counseling Program" by Tri-County Counseling Association, 2003. Facilitator for single parent family track of AMFM. Educational Specialist, Successful Stepfamilies.